Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck o' the Black Beans

Happy St. Patricks Day.
Miss 5 year old came home from school expecting to have had "the leprechaun" sneak into our house, mess everything up, and leave a bunch of gold coins.
I'm cool with the imaginary holiday characters thing. So much fun for the wee ones. And if I were a day care provider, or a teacher, or had 8 children, or was of Irish decent, I'd be all over it. But I'm not, and I'm just not doin' the leprechaun thing.
I felt like a mean mommy (only for  a split) and then I realized she's not disappointed in me, she's disappointed in the leprechaun. Phew.
So we ate black bean burgers, and passed off the guac' as being Irish enough cuz it's green.  I sold them on the key lime pie too, which didn't exactly turn out green, but it was derived from green items, and it was in a green pie plate. De-lish, by the way, it turned out just like the picture on the recipe...

REE_0265
That's the picture from the recipe.

And now I just remembered that it's in the frige. I hate when I remember there's pie in my house, it makes me unable to focus on my tasks.
What was I saying?