Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inspired!

I am like a big huge color freak. I'm obsessed with color and crazy combinations. I love it when a cluster of strange colors are grouped together and they end up working themselves into beautiful magical loveliness. Sometimes people feel the need to dance, or write, or cook in order to express themselves creatively. I feel the need to group colors together. Is that weird?
I'm constantly inspired, by everything. I mean everything. Sometimes strange things. I might tell you about that later, but I just wanted to give you an example of a recent item that struck my fancy. It attached itself to my brain and would not let go until I turned it into a baby hat.
I know! I wish I could direct you to its origin. I saw it on Pinterest (if you are not yet on Pinterest, please leave this page immediately and sign up. I'll see you in 3 days.) The link was disabled, so I have no idea where it came from or who is responsible for this lovely creation. I just couldn't get it out of my mind, so I turned it into a hat.
And then I felt better.
It's available here.
Customers that love my shop tell me they appreciate my use of color.
 But lean in close, because I'm about to whisper...
I'm really just a big copycat. Shhhh.
 I see something, I love it, and I turn it into a baby hat. Copycat is a little harsh, though. 
I prefer the term inspired, thank you very much.