Monday, May 14, 2012

Charlie Boy!

We spend each day dancing on the creaky old wood floors.
You love it.
Your head on my shoulder, staring out the window,
wondering what's out there waiting for you.
My right arm is around your tiny little butt, my left hand holds your sweet head.
Your right hand is on my shoulder, and your left hand clenches my shirt.
I peek into the mirror to see if you're sleeping and I notice how small you seem.
One half of me whispers:  oh please stay this way forever.
But the other half of me can't wait to get to know you better and see who you'll become.
This ain't my first rodeo Charlie, I know what's going to happen to you.
You're going to get too big for me to hold like this.
Too boyish.
Too busy.
So I just squeeze every little bit of baby sweetness out of you, and
I hope that even when you're a great big boy,
 you'll still love dancing with your Momma.
smooooooch.