Friday, November 12, 2010

Fab Foto Friday

Vintage Photos.
They are so good,  and I have A TON.

When I look at old photos my imagination takes off.  I want to know the story. It wasn't the age of point, shoot, blink, and delete. If you were taking that picture, using that film, developing that picture, and putting it into an album, it must have been a moment of significance. You wanted somebody to see this someday. There was something about this moment that you felt the need to document.

Every Friday I'll share a Fab Foto or two with you, and do my part to breathe a little life into those significant moments. These images span from about the 1920's to the 1970's.  Some photos have family, places, or stories that I know about. Others leave me totally clueless. But I love them all the same. I love to decide for myself what was going on in that picture or what the day was about.

I'll start with the picture that made me realize my obsession  with old photos,  old houses, and the idea of home. Who lived here, what kinds of things happened inside?  What did it look like inside? Was this a pride of ownership moment? Or was the person taking it leaving it and wanted to remember their own idea of home?
















Is this place still standing? What's going on in that spot right now?
And WHO sat in those chairs?