Monday, August 20, 2012

I QUIT! ...wait, no I don't!

Hello Friends,
Just thought you should know that two days ago I decided to hang up my needles. I told myself that I just wasn't going to be able to manage, to balance (as mentioned before), to be and do everything. Fall is coming up, it's a super busy time for Sweet Baby Dolly on Etsy, and I had no idea how I was going to swing it with our new little love bundle of a man baby (now crawling!) around the house.

So I put away my needles. I emptied my yarn basket. And I cried. And I cleaned the house for an entire day. And I made an apple pie. All of this of course, in between playing and taking care of the children folk. My husband and daughter both tried to persuade me not to quit, but I just said NO.

What was I THINKING? Clearly I wasn't thinking. I can't QUIT! Yes, it's hard, but is that who I want to be? Is that what I want to teach my babies? That when it gets hard you just quit!? NO.


Plus I'm obsessed with it. For the horrifying 28 hours that I decided I wasn't doing it anymore, I felt like I didn't even know who I was. I love knitting, designing, selling, my customers, my computer, my needles, my YARN! I need to have a part of my life that exists beyond the domestic (call me a bad mother/wife, I dare you).


So my dear Friends, I'm back in biz. My shop is open and ready to go. A few changes, a few new designs, and million more to come. I'm just going to have to take it a bit easier this fall, not take so many orders, stay up a little later, and get up a little earlier. I can handle it. I think.

Here's a peek of a few new little cuties...
... more to come, I promise!