Sunday, October 9, 2011






















Why do we keep putting her on a pedestal? You know her, that woman everybody seems to want to be like. That woman people pretend to admire and try to emulate. She's considered successful, powerful, and proud to be a huge bitch. I don't like her, I don't admire her, and I don't ever want to be like her.

"She does what she wants and she says what she wants and she doesn't care what anybody thinks."
Wouldn't we all love to do and say what we want? I just think that part of being a mature adult is to think about how your actions and words affect the feelings of others. 2 year-olds do and say what they want, a grown woman should be able to put a little more thought into her actions. And I do care what other people think. I care what my family thinks of me, what my husband thinks of me, what my daughter thinks of me, what my friends think of me. I care if someone I just met gets the impression that I am a good person. I don't care if you like my house or my car or my clothes. I don't care if you like my taste in music or my cooking. But I do care what you think of ME.

"She doesn't care what she has to do, she gets what she wants."
Hey! I'm all about getting what I want! Aren't we all (especially those 2 year-olds)? But really, you don't care what you have to do? Call me Little Miss Sunshine and Daisies, but if I have to destroy someone else to get where I'm going, I don't want to end up there. I must be totally crazy to think that if you WORK HARD AND BE NICE you will get to the place you need to be.
 
"She doesn't put up with shit."
Sounds kinda wimpy to me. What, does she wave her fingers at anybody who disagrees with her, offends her, or isn't worth her time? I choose to admire and strive to be a person with tolerance, empathy, compassion... but again, Sunshine and Daisies... I know.

I'm not talking about any one woman in particular. But we've all encountered her. And we've all thought that maybe we should do what she does. Uh-huh, yeah, well I'm over it. She wants you to see strength when you look at her, but all I see is weakness, and nobody wants to be weak.
Phew. That's been bugging me. Thank you for your time.
If you need me I'll be knitting baby hats, making gingerbread, playing with kittens, and frolicking through the meadow.
Wink.